Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God is the Gospel

Friends,

Below is just a quick gospel rant born out of gospel-intentional conversations for the last several months with lost people, especially with Jehovah Witnesses I've been meeting with since last October. They talk so much about "paradise earth" but speak seldom of our Creator and Redeemer who is the source of all our blessings (Eph 1:3). I understand that their blindness is a result of "the god of this age [who] has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel"...(2 Cor 4:4)

However, while dwelling upon these things, I've just been struck by God's awesome plan of salvation...and how it's good for my heart to be reminded that my salvation in Christ is not merely a means to a different end (ie: new heaven/earth) -- but rather God has made Christ the means and the end! Heaven is heaven, because God is there --without God, it might as well be hell. As i've heard it said before, God is the gospel...we are saved from Him, by Him, to Him and for Him! I pray that if I preach this enough to myself I will treasure Christ all the more...and if I keep sharing this with the lost, by God's grace he will show them "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in Christ." (2 Cor. 4:6)


We are saved from God (Eph 2:1-3)
We are saved by God (Eph 2:4-5)
We are saved to God (Eph 2:7)
We are saved for God (Eph 1:6,12,14)

With His love,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment